Sunday, September 16, 2007

Truth in Advertising?

Your ability to portray your products and services in an honest and accurate way quite possibly could be the key to your success or failure.

It is my experience that the majority of distributors within my company rely heavily on their sponsor's and upline's (as they should) for information and guidance when it comes to building their websites and how they promote, however this could be a key mistake for those who are not inclined to do their own research.

Sadly much of this information is not accurate and bends the truth of what we have and what it is made of. Maybe it's my years in human resources that makes me stand out like a sore thumb in this industry but it is what it is and I can't bring myself to call it anything else.

Whenever you have key people in any company who are miss leading in their own representation of their products it creates a downward spiral in the accuracy of the information provided to the distributor base as well as the general population. This is especially true when working on the Internet.

If you truly believe in your product you don't have to depend on buzz words to promote it. I know of no business that has been able to sustain itself based on "wildfire" growth. A wildfire burns quickly and feeds on itself until it eventually snuffs itself out.

This is not what I want to rely on in my retirement. If you can not be honest about your products then maybe you should find a different product that you can promote honestly.

No comments: